Friday, 23 September 2011

Family values

This is my beautiful grandmother on her wedding day. 

She said goodbye to us when I was only 8 years old, but Ouma Kloppie still remains one of the most influential people in my life. In my early 20's I am now starting to see the great effect she has on me. Her triumphs came from failures, and through this she became strong.

She pioneered many things in our family and her values, creativity and love for music have been passed down, shared and enjoyed between all of us .

With her unassuming grace she softly touched people's lives in ways that can change the world. 
I hope one day someone can say the same about me.





5 comments:

  1. Oh and how she would have loved Booola! What an incredibly beautiful & wise soul she was. I too see her influence in many things I do, say and create... Love & miss her so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... She's beautiful inside and out :)
    anyway, I'm from IFB
    xo
    http://www.marialyssa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful and charming and I am sure she would be proud of you. I can see all your love for her through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looked so beautiful. I can't go past a post like this, with wonderful old photographs. They're always so full of life and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the wonderful words...

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...